Wednesday 21 September 2011

Hardmoors 55 2011 - Same, but Different...

I'll get straight to the point. Last year I DNF'd the HM55 at the Wainstones because I got lost and was too slow. This year I DNF'd at Kildale (around 40 minutes after the checkpoint cut-off)because I was just too slow. I still thoroughly enjoyed the race though, especially as this was the furtherest distance I had ever run before. No official result, but growing satisfaction in the simple enjoyment of running a distance that the majority of people consider beyond their means.

I won't bore you with a long and detailed race description, but I will say that the race and series is still friendly, supportive, well organised and bloody hard work with tight cut-offs for us mere mortals! The day I complete the journey from Helmsley to Guisborough in under 15 hours will be a happy one indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment